JS INDUSTRIES PE XERO 6’4″- EASY RIDER
- 6’4 x 21 1/2 x 3 1/8 (45.4L)
- Easy rider dimensions created with the goal of making our most popular models even more approachable. After a year of JS riding more different boards than ever before alongside Occy and Parko, with an R&D process riddled with injuries, lower fitness levels & work obligations, JS designed our EasyRider specs for easy paddling coupled with high performance surfing. Foam is hidden in all the right places for extra floatation, but with lowered rails that can still be buried at high speed.We experiment with designs constantly, but JS only commits to a new board model when there’s an obvious quantum leap in performance. That’s the Xero.Our new gold standard of all-rounders, the Xero came together by fusing elements of the most popular current models together, just like the Monsta Box. JS focussed on the strengths of our three clear global favourites over the past decade, and tested combinations along with fresh ideas endlessly alongside the Traktor Team to find the ultimate everyday shortboard. Built to blow minds in all conditions – especially weaker, flatter faced waves.
Where did we land? On the Blak Box rocker, Monsta Box rail & concaves, with a Monsta outline. Incredibly fast, this rocker fits into a huge range of waves, and provides even more drive than the Monsta Box. It’s flat enough to fly in anything but has just enough curve to be pushed hard when combined with the Monsta’s clean, performance outline, which flows into a slight hip that provides intuitive, instant direction changes. And similar to the Monsta Box, single concave under front foot runs into a double through the fins to give you extra lift yet maintain control in more critical sections.
We recommend riding the same dimensions as your Monsta Box 2020, or in EasyRider dims, closer to your Blak Box 3.
- 5’4 x 18 3/4 x 2 1/4 (24L)
- 5’5 x 19 x 2 5/16 (25.3L)
- 5’6 x 19 1/8 x 2 3/8 (26.5L)
- 5’7 x 19 1/4 x 2 7/16 (27.9L)
- 5’8 x 19 1/2 x 2 1/2 (29.4L)
- 5’9 x 19 5/8 x 2 9/16 (30.8L)
- 5’10 x 19 3/4 x 2 5/8 (32.4L)
- 5’11 x 20 x 2 11/16 (34L)
- 6’0 x 20 1/4 2 3/4 (35.7L)
- 6’1 x 20 1/2 x 2 7/8 (38.4L)
- 6’2 x 20 3/4 x 2 15/16 (40L)
- 6’3 x 21 x 3 (42L)
- 6’4 x 21 1/2 x 3 1/8 (45.4L)
- 6’5 x 21 3/4 x 3 3/16 (47.6L)
- 6’6 x 22 x 3 1/4 (50L)
The same rocker as the superseded Blak Box 3. An overall low to flat rocker is the perfect all-round rocker creating speed and glide in small to average conditions.
The Xero comes stock as a thruster. Alternative setups are available with custom orders.
Boards 5’6″ – 5’11” glassed standard with 4 oz. deck x 4 oz. bottom. Boards 5’11” – 6’4″ glassed 4 x 3 oz. deck and 4 oz. bottom. 6’6 and up glassed standard with 4 x 4 oz deck x 4 oz. bottom (All sizes come standard with Hybrid Fibre tail strips)
The Xero has medium full rails, the same as the Monsta Box 2020. This performance based rail shape allows for precision when the right section stands up, yet has enough volume to get you through fat
EASY RIDER RAIL
EasyRider boards are specifically designed to suit these dimensions, with more foam hidden under the chest, but a slightly lower rail to maintain responsiveness and still allow turning at high speeds. They’re not just blown up exactly from the regular dims, they’re based on the favourites from JS and Luke Egan – finely tuned during extensive testing to get the perfect balance of performance and forgiveness.
The same concave as the Monsta Box 2020, deep throughout for greater lift, suiting smaller / less powerful conditions. Single concave under front foot moves to double concave between the fins. Based on team favourites, JS chose to go back to his “reverse concave” which is deeper under front foot and shallower at each end of the board. We found this to be the fastest of them all, as it creates maximum water flow.