Thunderbolt – Kai Sallas – Camper
- 9′1″ x 23″ x 2 5/8″ – 66.7L Ed construction $2199.99
- Unknown – Kai Sallas is a classic example of the Hawaiian longboarding aesthetic. Mentored by high-performance longboarding legends like Bonga Perkins and Russ K, Kai has proven himself on the world stage, taking 3rd and 2nd on the WSL Longboard Tour in 2017 and 2018 respectively, and also winning the ISA longboard world championships in 2018. But he is also a world-class logger, having honed his traditional skills at his home break of Queen’s Beach in Waikiki. Thus, it makes sense that his quiver would allow him to both shred and style his way to victory.
- Kai’s Camper model is built to be ridden on the nose. It has a wide template and a particularly wide nose to support tip time, with concave running through the entire bottom for direction control and speed. A single concave up front blends into a double concave through the rear of the board, and eventually a slight vee out the square tail for responsive turning from the rear of the board. But the camper isn’t just a dedicated log. It is also infinitely shreddable, from knee-high to triple overhead. In fact, Kai has ridden his at one-foot Queens and eight-foot Lanikea, proving just how versatile the board really is.
- The Camper comes in two sizes—a 9’1″ x 23″ x 2 5/8″ and a 9’5″ for bigger guys, or those who want to use it as a nose rider. Kai tends to use the larger model as a single fin when the waves are small and he wants to do traditional longboarding, whereas he likes the 9’1″ as a 2+1 when the wave is pumping and he’s looking to shred. He normally uses a 7-inch middle fin with Accelerators for side fins.
- Sizing –
- 9′1″ x 23″ x 2 5/8″ – 66.7L
- 9′5″ x 23 1/2″ x 2 7/8″ – 75.3L
Thunderbolt Kai Sallas Camper .A nose rider that can perform high-performance movements even on gentle waves from the knees to the head. The rocker is a model that can be trimmed with a sense of stability because it keeps speed even with loose and soft waves. The wide round nose stabilizes the nose area, and the nose concave lifts the entire body for long tip t
Competition Weight & Flex
Red is an all-round construction that combines classic and high performance. For laminating, 6oz + 4oz fiberglass is used for the deck and 6oz + 2oz fiberglass is used for the bottom. It’s lighter than a traditional PU longboard, but it’s also reasonably heavy, giving it a riding feel that combines excellent performance with an old-school longboard taste. While feeling the ride like a longboard, it can handle from 1ft small waves to waves with overhead size. You can enjoy both classical riding and aggressive maneuvers, such as long nose riding, drop knee turns, and roller coasters while spraying. Since red is heavier than black, it is less affected by the choppy conditions where strong winds blow, making it an easy-to-control construction.